Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

31 January 2008

Take It Further (January)

"There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us." Golda Meir

January's challenge was to use this color palette or focus on someone we admire. I chose to do both. I'm not super happy with the way it turned out, but the fault is entirely mine. I didn't spend as much time on the hand sewing as i should have to get all the detail out. It was my first time to work with fusible applique on anything other than a blue jeans patch though so I count it a success.

Congratulations Gwen for guessing right when she was still in pieces.

February's challenge has been announced. You can see it here. I'll post something as soon as I've come up with an idea.

6 comments:

  1. Oh! But this is great! and you can always work into it 'at leisure'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The likeness is amazing, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! it's cool! good job!! you should do your boyfriend now... see me grin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great job. Please visit my blog for my latest give away.

    http://debiquilts.blogspot.com/2008/02/one-world-one-heart-event.html

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)