Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

11 November 2008

Darling Green Baby

I didn't even know it was on the way, labor was not difficult, delivery was amazingly easy. Here is my new Darling Green Baby, a Consew 888. It arrived just a few days ago courtesy of my very own personal shopper (thanks, Mom!). It didn't want to run at first, but one well placed tap with a hammer and lots of oil followed by a thorough electrical check persuaded her (the machine of course, not my mother!) to get moving. The mechanism is very smooth now that it has been oiled and cleaned. I don't really know anything at all about Consew machines, and can't even find a reference on the internet to a model 888, so this will be a learning experience for me. She's all metal, VERY heavy, and the table is in the kind of excellent condition you'd expect to see from someone using her all the time for years, but carefully. The bargain I got was absolutely obscene, which makes it even better (maniacal grin). I still haven't decided whether I'll let this one go after getting her all polished up, but I know my PipSqueak is in the market for a new machine since the little Brother I purchased for her bit the dust. We'll see how much in love I am when she returns from college.

1 comment:

  1. Your darling cute baby looks great, green is my favorite color so enjoy it! :)

    Happy Stitching!

    Zlaty

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)