Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

24 November 2008

Scrappy 9-Patch


A public current projects list and a quiltathon were both needed to prod me enough to get this top finished. I'm going to quilt something beautiful (I hope!) in each of the large octagons, but I'm not going to put much effort into making all the different motifs share a theme. I'm still not sure I like scrappy - there are so few people who do it well - and I'm definitely not one of them! But warm is warm, and this quilt will be competent to that task. This is the first project I can actually remove from my current projects list. It will take me through most of the weekend and is ideal - I can come up and spend ten, fifteen, or thirty minutes quilting without feeling like I'm being torn away from it when my spare time is up.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh that quilting is impressive. I love scrappy quilts, but you do have to have some unifying element to make it work.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)