Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

19 April 2016

Two-Thirds Rail Fence


I found an inexpensive jelly roll at a variety store  last November.  The colors were interesting but I wasn't in the mood for fancy piecing.  A friend pointed out this pattern to me and it seemed appropriate for these fabrics.

WHOOSH!  the top went together in no time.


I have a pretty extensive stash that goes fairly far back in time, but even still i was surprised when i found this perfect border fabric right there in the stash.  A tiny bit of planning made the repeats come out very nicely.

A sunburst design with variegated polyester thread made short work of the quilting, which can be seen well from either side of the quilt.



Yellow and orange striped binding also came from the stash and was OFG's idea.


Spring time quilting at it's most fun.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)