Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

10 December 2016

Purple Carpenter's Star


A very dear friend and good customer did her very first paper pieced block for the center of this quilt.  She made it for her grown daughter who loves purple.  I put the binding on, but she's going to fold it over and sew it down.


Quilting such large open spaces is always a blast.  This time I tried to keep the theme floral, feathery, and a little formal.  My customer was a little disappointed with how white the top turned out, so I liberally employed purple thread.


Since the center block is a miniature of the larger quilt, I went with feathers in the outer border for it too.  Kept it white though.  Here I really wanted the contrast to show off her paper piecing.


Big chunk of solid purple for the back shows off the quilting really well.


Best part?  Done in time for Miss D. to get the binding sewn down and put it under the tree!


No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)