Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

05 April 2018

Scrappy Neutral Stars


I must have lugged these blocks back and forth to retreats for two years, but finally, FINALLY, the quilt is done.  Most every scrap of gold and neutral in my stash got sliced up for this one.  Some of the blocks don't really seem to blend, but I'm still learning how to scrappy.


The quilting was kept simple as this one stays home with me.  The trapunto effect would probably have been better if I'd added a layer of poly batting on top of the cotton, but meh.  After a couple of washings it will shrink a bit and look puffier.


Usually the heavier quilting goes in the background, but this time I switched it up and gave the background just a simple geometric design.  


Gotta sign and date 'em.  :)



Happy spring everyone!


3 comments:

  1. I browsed through your blog all the way to 2016 and just oooohhhh and aaahhhed over all your beautiful quilts. I love scrappy quilts and although I don't have quite the collection you do, I think I could make a couple years worth of quilts with what I already have on hand. Thank you for your nice comment on my Jack's Chain quilt.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)