Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

29 June 2008

Weekend Quilting

Not much better in my book than spending time with quilting buddies. On Saturday Beth and I got to bum around the studio - I added some border quilting to this little number.


She did the piecing and suggested I quilt circles on it. This was one of the last quilts I put under the domestic machine before Terpsichore got here. After a few months of 'curing' in her sewing room, Beth brought the quilt back for the quilting on the border squares. Her color sense is just amazing and the circle idea was ... spot on.

She also brought over the beautiful and HUGE log cabin quilt she was hand sewing binding on. On this one i designed a motif for the neutral areas and did a feather fill in the blue areas. The borders were treated to two kinds of flowers. We took both of them out to the sunny back yard for a photo shoot so we could share them with the world.

Today I had an opportunity to merge two of my favorite things, coffee and quilting. Suzette, Darcy and I met at a local Starbucks for a cuppa and to hand off a quilt. Turns out Darcy wanted the little sampler we made recently. I think it is getting an excellent home with her.

Tonight I'll be working on a lone star quilt for a customer who wants to enter it in a local show. This little quilt is a beauty in black, white and red and will be a real treat to work on. I'll see about getting pictures of it posted as soon as the quilting is finished.

I hope everyone else out there had as much fun with their weekend as I have had with mine!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are spectacular quilts!!! I just love the quilting on the first one with the circles. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)