Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

30 January 2013

THIS Will Be Fun




You might remember these fabrics...


from this post.  It took weeks to decide what the quilt was going to look like, but once that was taken care of...


it was a breeze to make the blocks.  Except the center block.  EQ6 doesn't help me much when I want to design applique blocks, so don't pay any attention to that center.  I wanted big splashes of green and Sarah Vedeler's GO! dies took the sweat out of cutting fabric.  Now I get to sew them down and embellish.  I'm thinking pretty seriously about piping the edge of this block with the dark red fabric before assembly, but then i'd also feel obligated to pipe the outer edge of the block assembly in the same fabric before adding the borders.  Suggestions welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)