Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

26 August 2013

One more of the 24 quilts is finished!  



I took this one along to a retreat two weeks ago and finished up the applique work.  One of the gals there has a granddaughter who's birthday is coming up and I managed to get it quilted and sent off in time.  Hopefully she'll enjoy it for several years.



I just love this backing fabric, it seems so appropriate for the back of a quilt given as a gift.


 

Pink and purple aren't usually my thing at all, but I did enjoy working on this quilt because of it's odd beginnings and serendipidous finish.  Names for my quilts usually pop into my head while I'm working on them, but all I could think of for this one was Babs' Birthday Bubbles which seems kinda lame.  We'll let Stacy decide on a real name when she gets it.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)