The greens were supposed to be sage, but they just aren't. I tried to tone them down a bit by using grey/green and grey/blue threads.
I was especially pleased with the Invisafil thread in the outer border. Nice subtle texture and unlike many of the thin and shiny threads, didn't break all the time. The rest of the quilting was done in various shades of green and plain white A&E tex 40 quilting cotton.
The snails and pebbles background fill worked well, but from time to time it got boring so I threw in a few easter eggs.
From any distance at all the quilting is almost invisible on the front. But if you get up close...
...the details come out.
Using a little bit of green thread on the back gave it some character.
The center medallion got a monogram, well-wishes, and a traditional curved crosshatch background fill. You should see the three foot long MDF curve template I made out in the shop. Thumping it around on the quilt for about six hours while I worked around the intials was a hoot, I assure you.
If I had more time I would probably have embellished these letters more.
Scraps from the green batiks joined end to end made the binding.
Thanks for stopping by, feel free to say howdy in the comments. I reply to all of them. Enjoy the rest of the festival!