Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

26 September 2014

Summer Retreat Quilt

A few times a year I meet some quilting friends at Le Retreat House in Gainesville and we all spend the weekend chatting and sewing.  It is relaxing and cathartic.  This summer I put together this top from two moda charm packs but I still haven't quilted it...


and my friend miz D made this one for her sister.  It actually took her several different retreats to piece it, but she got the binding on it this summer.



I didn't get pictures of any of the other quilts in progress, but we have another retreat coming up soon.

I also got the binding on this quilt which was very simple to make (from the pattern "Square Deal" found in Amy Smart's Fabulously Fast Quilts) and easy to quilt and it struck me funny to add a little text in the middle (visible on the back more than the front).


No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)