Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

24 October 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival (Autumn 2014)

AmysCreativeSide.com

Welcome to my stop on the autumn 2014 Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Almost two years in the making for this quilt and I wasn't sure it would be finished in time for this festival either!  Modern Autumn started with a picture of a fabric collection on the Keepsake Quilting website two autumns passed.


The colors were so enchanting I pulled the closest things I could find in my own stash and started thinking about leaves changing colors.  Not long after the block pattern came to my attention on another website.


After the body of the quilt top was assembled it hung forlorn and abandoned in the studio for a year while I slooooooowly got the 336  1-1/2" HSTs squared up for the border.


The wind and leaves were super fun to quilt, but now I wish I'd used a little copper thread on the leaves.  Just a few days on Terpsichore, a bit of hand sewing for the binding, and voila!  



Super cozy and ready for use on a cool autumn morning with a cup of coffee and a good book.


Technical specs:  90" x 90" all cotton fabrics, warm and natural batting, A&E threads.

Thanks for stopping by, I read and respond to every comment.  Enjoy the rest of the Festival!

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Bloggers Quilt festival - lovely colours and really clever, cool quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the colors! Very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)