Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

20 December 2014

Curtain to Quilt


I received (as part of a very large donation of fabrics) the blue and green panels in this quilt as valances.  They'd probably been hanging in someone's kitchen for a while and when styles or tastes changed the curtains came down.


After picking apart the valances and pressing the fabrics, the stripe was added from my stash to make a very simple quilt.  The backing fabric, also from my stash was a serendipitous match.

The binding was finished last night and this morning I told my OFG that this quilt needed a home.  Then I remembered THIS post from a blog I read regularly.  Now the quilt is on it's way to a college dorm in the frozen north!




No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)