Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

02 March 2016

Hunter's Star Finished

Originally inspired by this picture, this hunter's star quilt took about a year to make. The pieces were cut last winter and the top finished in the summer. Quilting didn't get moving until around Christmas 2015 and the binding was finished only a week or so ago.


I tried to make the frost shimmer with Magnifico (a Superior threads shiny polyester thread).  Up close it works great.  I still can't photograph stuff like that well.  I love love love the way that thread handles.  You take one look at the shininess and start sweating, thinking it's going to break every seven stitches, but I had no trouble at all with it.  Marvelous stuff.


Small pieces cut on the bias made these blocks challenging to work with, but a little starch and a little patience paid off.


Don't ask me why the dark star.


This quilt was sold before it was finished and will be winging it's way to the Windy City next week.  Sometimes it's hard to let them go.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Did you get my voicemail? I'm looking for someone to do some woodworking

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)