Isn't that sweet!
Or as we say in Texas, "Idn'at swait!"
Found these adorable candies in a ten inch stack a year or so ago. Had to have 'em and knew what I wanted to make with them by the time I got them home. They didn't want to be cut up; at ten inches there was just enough of each pattern to really show them off, so they were sashed, ribboned, and tied up with a bow.
The bow was way easier than it looks.
I sketched it out on paper, decided what was foreground (red) and what was background (maroon), then enlarged it on some old packing paper, smoothed the sketch into something nice, and used the packing paper as a template. Cut it up, pinned it to the appropriate color, cut out the pieces. Satin stitch got it firmly sewed to the top.
In the chocolate squares the quilting is pretty innocuous as I didn't want to detract from the lushly detailed prints.
The ribbon got some fairly dense quilting just to show off a little.
There were a few squares left over so they got turned into a pillowcase. More and more I've turned to using leftovers for a pillowcase to match the quilts I make. Even if the recipient doesn't want to use the case on their pillow, it makes a handy storage sleeve for the quilt when it isn't being used.