Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

18 April 2008

More Fun but Smaller

Only eight more of these puppies and I'll have everything I need for the nine inch (yes, you read it right) quilt top I'm working on. Miniatures really aren't hard, you just have to remind yourself that they take every bit as long to make as a regular sized block of the same type. This one took me nearly two hours counting the time it took to peel paper off the back without yanking out the seams with my big clumsy fingers. Tomorrow night's block will be a green star with a tiny pink star off center in the middle. The corner blocks on all of them are turquoise, which will I hope render small turquoise stars floating between all the larger stars.

Now I need to think up a good border idea...hmmmm. One inch feathered stars maybe? Har har har har!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)