Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

15 December 2016

Jacobean Moderne Simple


Very easy square in square blocks combined with even easier squares of focus fabric practically turned themselves into a quilt top.  All the scribbles went into a piano key border.  


The thing I love about quilting jacobean flowers is that anything goes.  Anything.  If it doesn't look right, add more decorative swirls.


Leaving the background alone (which was my first choice) was wrong, wrong, wrong.  It looked puffy.  Like a quilt from the 1970's.  Channel lock to the rescue!  Horiontal lines worked great.


Not much quilting on the focus fabric because it wouldn't have been especially visible.


The quilt police might come chase me down for using a paisley back on a jacobean front, but until they do I'll just enjoy the effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)