Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

25 December 2017

Merry Chris Moose



Merry Christmas to all my bloggy friends! 


This quilt started with a panel to which I added random colored nine patch blocks and strip borders.  All the fabrics except one of the reds and one of the browns came from a 2.5" roll of fabrics from the same line as the panel so I can't take credit for the lovely color combinations at all. 



The top and back were pieced a year ago, and just for fun I threw it on Terpsichore and we danced it done in no time just a few days ago.



Binding was just all the scraps.

Most fun part?  Writing "moose moose moose" all along the inner border, which you can see well in person but not so well in these pictures.  here's a shot of a section of the back where the words are visible.




1 comment:

  1. Very creative and artfully balanced! The back is beautiful, too. Love the idea of writing around the border - I'll have to file that away for just the right project.

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)