Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

31 August 2021

Baby Bubble Wrap

 


This quilt is called Tossed Lemon Elephants.  I found several fat quarters at Walmart that really pushed my "Oh how CUTE!" button and they clearly needed to make a baby quilt.



I practiced my drunkard's path block technique on these.  Gotta admit, I'm not the world's best curved piecer, mostly because I hate pinning.  The circles ended up being a little puffy so, keeping with the theme of the fabrics, I made lemonade from the lemons by adding a circle of batting behind each fabric circle to make them seem intentionally poofy.  The effect ended up looking like bubble wrap to me, which made the elephants even cuter.  




No baby on the horizon, but the next one i know about will get this quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)