Weblog and Idea Spot for Quilters

20 April 2009

Psychedelic Bubble Assembly

Yes! I've been working on the assembly for this quilt for my DD#1 for nearly a month. There are several set in seams and the top is just huge at 96" x 108" so I did spend a bit of time cursing and stomping. Surprisingly enough I only screwed up two or three times on measuring and cutting these individual pieces. I hadn't realized how very spoiled I am by block assembly style quilts. They go together so much faster! The picture makes it all look a little more orange than it really is. The super pale places are really a light green, and a couple of the things that might look dark brown are really plum.


Next step - quilting all the bubbles!

3 comments:

  1. love the colours, I am a bit partial to orange lol, and green, oh darn it, all those colours. Look foward to seeing the quilting. hugs romika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt so artsy! wonderful fabrics can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still think you should work up a pattern...

    ReplyDelete

talk to me! (english, spanish, italian, russian)